1. The contest is open to all professional and amateur photographers of Region 8 (Leyte & Samar).
2. Employees of DOT, Leyte Province LGU and members of the Camera Club of Leyte & Samar are not eligible to participate in the contest.
3. Each participating photographer can submit up to a total of six (6) photographs, provided that he/she can submit only a maximum of two (2) entries per category.
4. Only one entry from a participant can qualify for the top three awards per category. However, his/her second entry can still win a consolation prize.
5. Photographers can use either film or digital cameras. Prints submitted shall be 4X6 inches (MATTE Paper), without borders, and no distinguishing marks on the photo like watermark of name or signature. Inkjet prints are not allowed.
6. Those submitting digital entries are required to submit the RAW or original, unedited file of each photograph along with the enhanced version of the images in .jpeg format and should be at least 8X12 inches at 300dpi to be saved in a CD. Those submitting entries taken in film shall also submit the negatives, but if digital enhancement was done, then the digital file shall also be submitted. Negatives will be returned after the contest. This is to verify that the submitted entries have not been digitally manipulated beyond necessary.
7. Participants can digitally enhance their pictures but should be limited only to the usual darkroom techniques. Particularly, enhancements allowed shall be limited to color correction, brightness and contrast control of entire image or part of it (dodging or or burning), cropping, resizing, (enlarging or downsizing) and image rotation. The use of cloning or “healing brush” is not allowed. No digital filters are to be used. No details shall be erased from (except in the case of cropping) nor added to the photograph. No photo composite (combining images) allowed.
8. All entries of each photographer, including CD and/or negatives, shall be placed inside a short brown envelope, the latter sealed with tape. Only the photographer’s name shall be written on the outside of the brown envelope. Each photo should have the following information taped at the back: Title, Caption (A brief description of your photo and the location where it was taken), Category, Camera used, Full Name, Address and Contact number. Do not write anything at the back of your pictures.
9. A submitted entry must be an original work and must be exclusive to this contest. That is, it must be unpublished and it must not have been submitted in any other contests.
10. A submitted entry must not in any way violate any copyright or intellectual property right. Privacy must likewise be protected especially in certain instances such as showing
faces of children and people with disabilities. The organizers shall not be responsible for copyright or IPR violations with respect to entries submitted in the photo contest.
11. The organizer reserves the right to reject entries that are incomplete, invalid, or that contain inappropriate information (e.g. ads or other controversial or offensive material).
12. Deadline of submission of entries shall be 5:00PM of October 12, 2012 to the Department of Tourism Office, Room 204-205 F. Mendoza Commercial Complex (2/F Kokoy’s Grocery) 141 Sto. Niño St., Tacloban City C/o Mr. Efren Fuentes Telephone No. 053.321.2048.
13. The organizer will not be responsible for late mail-in entries.
14. Contest entries will be subject to validation/elimination by the Camera Club of Leyte & Samar, and all validated entries will be submitted for evaluation by a panel of judges
to be appointed by the former. The decision of the panel of judges is final.
15. The panel of judges will determine the winning 3 photos in each category based on the following criteria:
Relevance to the theme 50%
Technical expertise 25%
Visual Impact and Creativity 25%
16. The photographer will retain copyrights to his/her work, but shall allow the organizer and sponsors limited and non-commercial use of the submitted photos. Should third
parties have interest in publishing the entries, they shall contact the photographer.
17. All entries of the contest will be posted online for the purpose of promoting the 68th Leyte Gulf Landings Anniversary.
18. The prints and the CDs submitted shall become the property of the organizer.
19. By participating in the contest, photographers acknowledge that they have read, understood and agree to be bound by the contest rules and provisions. Further, by
participating in the contest, the photographers certify to the ownership and authenticity of their respective photos. If a winner is later discovered to have violated any of the contest rules, the award will be forfeited and all entries of the photographer will not be included in the contest.
20. Winners shall be notified through registered mail. Cash prizes must be claimed within 60 days from receipt of notification and must present valid ID.
The contest will run from October 1 – October 12, 2012. The top ten photos for each category will be put on display at the Robinsons Place, Marasbaras, Tacloban City from October 18-20, 2012.
If interested to join, registration forms are available at Leyte Gulf Travel and Tours office (calle Z), Independencia St., Tacloban City. Registration Fee: P100.00