PINTADOS-KASADYAAN FESTIVAL 2012
ON THE SPOT PHOTO CONTEST
A. GENERAL INFORMATION
1. The photography contest is open to all amateur and professional photographers. Employees of the Department of Tourism, Leyte Province LGU and members of the Camera Club of Leyte and Samar are not eligible to participate in the contest.
2. Official entry forms / Registration for photo contest participants will be open LEYTE GULF TRAVEL AND TOURS Office at Calle Z Cafe, 39 Independencia St., Tacloban City, Leyte from 9:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M. Look for Ms. Joyce Maniebo.
3. Deadline for registration will be on June 26, 2012 at 6:00 P.M.
4. Registration Fee is THREE HUNDRED PESOS (Php 300.00). Registration fee covers a competition ID allowing access to PINTADOS/KASADYAAN activities, and entitles one to submit three (3) entries. Each participant will be issued an ID number that will be used in identifying the Photographs upon submission of the entries. In case of disqualification, registration fees and entry fees are not refundable.
5. Entry to the Photo Contest – competing participant/s during the PINTADOS/KASADYAAN Street Parade and Festival Competition to be held on June 27, 2012.
6. Deadline for submission of Photo – entries will be on July 2, 2012, 5:00 P.M. Entries must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries should have the following file name format: REGISTRATION NUMBER followed by Letter A for entry one, B for entry two and C for entry three. Example: 1234A.jpg.
7. Entries must be candid shots: not deliberately posed. Although some degree of effort can be done in posing your subjects (the dancers, Candle vendors, etc.) we however discourage photographers from bringing their own models around for the parade like one would do on a photo assignment.
8. Entries must not contain identifying marks, watermarks, borders and frames, signs and address to insinuate information of ownership.
9. Winners will be published in a local or national daily. Winners will be notified through email
10. Awarding of Prizes to Winners will be on July 30, 2012.
B. RULES OF THE CONTEST
1. Photos must be taken from actual events during the PINTADOS/KASADYAAN 2012 Competition in Tacloban City. Pictures of any PINTADOS/KASADYAAN celebration or any other festival in other places and venues and in previous years will not be allowed and would be immediately disqualified.
2. Entries to be submitted must be in JPEG format and should be 1200 pixels on the shortest side. Exif or meta data must be retained.
3. Participants can digitally enhance their pictures but should be limited to the usual darkroom techniques. Particularly, enhancements allowed shall be limited to color correction, brightness and contast control of the entire image or part of it (dodging or burning), cropping, resizing, (enlarging or downsizing) and image rotation. The use of cloning or healing brush is not allowed. No digital filters are to be used. No details shall be erased from (except in the case of cropping) nor added to the photograph. No photo composite (combining images) allowed.
4. The photographer of the winning entries shall retain ownership of their photo. However, the Foundation shall have the right to use any of the winning entries for promotional and management purposes of the Foundation with proper acknowledgment of their authors.
5. The decision of the BOARD OF JUDGES is final and unappealable.